Subject: Re: Unknown Hardware in VAX3500
To: Philipp Buehler <vax@fips.de>
From: Michael Kukat <mkukat@gmx.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/10/1999 22:27:13
Hi !

> ;]] ). It is an Fujitsu M2263E from 1990, I have a detailed bad sectorlist,
> but no clue how big this is.

I have got a M2266X in my Linux box, is't 1 GB, so i think yours may be
between 500 MB and 1 Gig.

> (KA650). The one round has 3 positions with a face (?) an arrow and a 'T'
> w/ a circle around it. The second with 2 positions shows a dot in a circle
> and a dot above a circle. The symbol is a circle w/ a triangle in it.
> strange.. ;]

1) T - cound be a kind of TEST mode
2) Circle and dot is usually a power switch. (As i know, dot inside
circle means power is on)
3) Triangle inside a circle... On my VAXstation it's something like NMI
or so. Maybe RESET, but with no POST... What happens when pressing it:
No matter where you are, you will be dropped into the built-in monitor
program.

> What is about that Battery Pack behind the CPUSlotblend?

Realtime clock buffer ?

> The SCSI Board in there has an NCR53c90A chip and as manufacturer: CMD Model:
> CQD-223/M. Is this supported by NetBSD?

The chip itself is, but i don't know if it's supported in the KA650

Hope i could help you..

cu, Michael