Subject: Re: SCSI _is_ still broken on VS3100
To: None <Marc.Gutschner@Frankfurt.NetSurf.DE>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/07/1999 18:15:47
>From: "Marc Gutschner" <Marc.Gutschner@Frankfurt.NetSurf.DE>
>Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 20:41:07 +0100
>
>Mhhm, but there seems to be still something strange in the SCSI support.
>I've two busses (ncr0 and ncr1) in my config but only ncr0 is probed by the
>kernel. ncr1 never shows up during the hardware scan :-( And yes, I have a
>SCSI-SCSI daugther-board in my machine :-)

Yes, the current code won't probe the second bus.  It's a known
shortcoming.  I know what needs to be done to fix it, but ragge has
told me that he's rewriting that whole section of configuration code
anyway.  So you can expect that to be fixed eventually...

>>I think you've labeled an rz22 disk with a disklabel for an rz23.
>
>Doesn't seem to be the only possible cause. I have a pair of RZ23 in my
>VS3100/m38. I did a 'disklabel sd0 > /tmp/rz23' to get a prototype label

It's possible that there's a hardware problem with the drive.  But it
might just be a bad disklabel...could you send the output of
"disklabel sd0"?