Subject: Re: Booting SCSI
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Dickens <rdickens@cix.compulink.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/02/1999 14:32:00
> Seems quite normal: there is no support to boot from SCSI disks in the
> boot program. If you type rom()netbsd instead at the boot prompt it
> may work better.
>
> -- Ragge

Thanks for the info, it's now reading the kernel from the disk.

However, it doesn't seem to get much further, I see one flash on the
activity lights of the SCSI disk and tape (device probe I think), then a
couple more flashes on the disk and it hangs.

It doesn't manage to output anything to the console so I guess it's not
getting as far as executing /etc/rc.

Are there any extra switches I could pass to the boot command? I've tried
-s and that didn't help?

The same kernel works fine when net booted and allows me to mount the SCSI
disk.

RichardD