Subject: Re: TSV05 Controller
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/12/1998 17:42:48
Hi,

----------
> From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
> To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
> Cc: port-vax@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: TSV05 Controller
> Date: Friday, December 11, 1998 11:29 AM

> > Is a TSV05 controller supported.  I am not sure if it is a TMSCP type.
> >
> It is neither TMSCP nor supported, _but_ once there was a driver for
TSV05,
> written by Bertram Barth, but that driver never made it when the Unibus
> routines were rewritten. If you have a TSV05 tape subsystem I can try to
> help you to get it running again.

Great, i just get a tape on last thursday. A cipher m990 & dilog dq132
controller which should emulate the TSV05. I tried to compile the kernel
with TSV05, got some warnings, but the kernel crashes during boot & acces
to the tape controller. I haven't checked it further, because my last
compile (source date 5.dec) seems not to work well anyway. If someone is
interested, i check it tomorrow again with the tar_files of this night
(saturday/sunday)

cheers,
emanuel