Subject: Re: VS3100 and the new snapshot kernel... (solved)
To: Marc Gutschner <Marc.Gutschner@Frankfurt.NetSurf.DE>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/12/1998 14:20:01
On Sat, 12 Dec 1998, Marc Gutschner wrote:

> although I can boot my VS3100 now, I seem to have caught another illness
> -( I wiped out my mixed up system and installed the snapshot from
> 'ftp.netbsd.org' but now I keep getting
>
>     a) Panics of two flavours ('kmem_map' or 'trap 2')
>     b) 'Profiling timer expired'
>
> I remember reading something about this 'Profiling timer' thing several
> weeks ago, but I don't remember if it was on port-vax or port-pmax...

It was port-pmax, and I was the one who was having troubles with my
DECStations... it ended up being a problem that memory wasn't being
bzero'd before the kernel passed it out or something like that...

Now who's got those TK50 netboot tapes for my uVAX-II?  :)

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
      "A few compilers designed on and for the original IBM 370 series
       machines have a more effective register allocater than anything
       GCC has ever posessed." -- David S. Miller on linux-kernel