Subject: Re: Problems with KA650 and -current
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@nhh.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/11/1998 07:33:46
Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se> writes:

> This is now fixed. Reason to the bug: Once upon a time a "core click"
> was NBPG; i.e. 512 byte on vax. Variables like physmem was in core
> clicks and therefore needed conversions when using VM pages (which
> were of CLBYTES size; 1k on vax).

Thanks -- this makes it clear.  PG means click, CL means page.  Easy!

OK, just kidding.  I understand what you mean, and it does make sense
of the code.  It was just such an unfamiliar constellation of defines
that it was hard for me to get a grip on.  I see the consistency now.
Specifically, NBPG * CLSIZE == CLBYTES, and all the shifts make sense
too with that relationship understood.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"