Subject: Re: NetBSD on A VAX4000 M200
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Marco Ermini <markoer@markoer.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/06/1998 16:49:11
On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, Anders Magnusson wrote:

+The VAX 4000/200 is not supported at all; except for some work done to
+get the ethernet device driver to work standalone. I would think that
+support for it is not close; I don't have such machine and I don't think
+that someone else is close to get it work. So, you're probably "on your own".
+
+-- Ragge
+

Ok... I am on my own... Thank you anyway.

PS. where I can get informations (data sheets or similar) on the DEC CPUs?
Do you think it's *impossible* that NetBSD at the actual state-of-the-art
will work on this machine? is the CPU totally different from the CPUs
supported by NetBSD?

In second: I will be glad if you can help me getting started on writing the
support for this type of VAX (if it's not on the mailing lists purposes, I
will be glad if you write to me directly, of course if it's not a grat
time-conmsuming task for you).

Thanks in advance.

---
Marco Ermini