Subject: Re: VS3100 and the new snapshot kernel...
To: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
From: Michael Kukat <MichaelKukat@alphacom.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/04/1998 20:41:29
Hi !

> >I'm currently having some - uhm - bizarre problems with the current VAX
> >kernels and my VS3100/m38. I compiled myself a kernel from -current
> >source sup'd one or two days ago. The compile itself went really smooth
> >but as soon as I tried to boot, the kernel get's loaded and immediateley
> >bombs out with a 'RESTART SYS' :-( After this I thought "OK, let's play
> > [...]
>
> "Me too", on a VS3100m76.

m76 ? Ok, time to try. I'll get the sources this night and try. My last
compilation ran without problems (about 3-4 weeks ago). The booter changed
from RARP to bootp ! (Dont know about the kernel, i have both daemons running
on the server).

> I wasn't able to boot from the SCSI disk using "rom(0,0)/netbsd".

SCSI ? m76 ? Is there a working driver for the NCR-controller now ?

> After netbooting, I couldn't access the SCSI disks at all (dmesg shows
> no sign of a scsi bus).

As i know, the SCSI support is not yet finished. I always get errors running
SCSI on my m76 (Looks like DMA-Problems).

cu.. Michael