Subject: 1.3.2 hangs when unmounting tk50 tape?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Kees Stravers <pb0aia@iaehv.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/22/1998 21:22:04
I have a MicroVAX running NetBSD 1.3.2. KA650, 32MB, DEQNA, TK50. I used
this system to write the two TK50 files needed to install a fresh system
to a tape.  The writing succeeded.  But when I tried to unmount the tape
with the  'mt -f /dev/rmt8 rewoffl'  command,  the message 'mt0: unknown
opcode 0x88 status 0x0 ignored'  appeared and the console prompt did not
return,  and all keystrokes were just echoed to the screen without being
executed. All I could do was press the halt button.

Am I having  a hardware problem,  or has someone else also had this tape
unmounting problem?

Kees

--
Kees Stravers - Geldrop, The Netherlands - pb0aia@iae.nl
Sysadmin and DEC PDP/VAX preservationist - Visit VAXarchive!

Net-Tamer V 1.08.1 - Registered