Subject: Re: Mystery Qbus cards
To: Stan Pietkiewicz <stanp@storm.ca>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@crue.jdwarren.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/21/1998 22:13:03
the DQ153 is a controller board for pertec tapes, which were a
popular (albeit rather proprietary as they were formatted at the factory
and couldnt be reformatted) cartridge tape. Aside from very limtied hack
value of being turned into somethign else, the baord is pretty useless
these days, as it is not very common to see either a pertec tape or
drive.

as for the sigma, i'd never heard of them havign made a SCSI/Qbus
interface, though its entirely possible. The only thing i knew of from them
was a Qbus RLL controller.
still, if youve found a SCSI/Qbus board, consider yourself lucky!!

happy hacking!