Subject: process datasize limit?
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/15/1998 13:26:20
Is there a kernel config parameter for setting the upper hard limit on a
process' datasize limit?  I'm currently only able to set it to 24Megs
using csh's limit command on the standard NetBSD/vax 1.3.2 distribution.
I checked the GENERIC kernel config file and didn't see anything which
indicated I could increase the limit using the config file.

The process hits the 24Meg datasize limit fairly quickly (well quickly in
MicroVAX II terms). I'm trying to run MegaHAL with a large "brain" file.
It's during the brain initialization phase that the program crashes.
The program is fairly simple in design and keeps everything in memory, so
when things start to get complex it uses quite a bit of memory.

For those who're curious about the software:
http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~hutch/hal/HAL/

-brian.
---