Subject: Help with VS3100/30
To: port-vax@netbsd.org <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Hudson <mhudson@home.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/05/1998 20:34:21
This isn't exactly related, but I have installed a color
frame buffer into my VS3100/30 (scanproc 8 plane 2D).

I don't have a DEC monitor but am trying to use a
NEC 4Ds monitor. The display comes up with the blue
flickering. I get the normal:

KA42-A V1.3

F...E...D...C...B... (etc)

(note the blue is still flashing in the background while
this is being displayed).

After the mopd load of the kernel I find that the
flicking blue is displaying the actually NetBSD boot.

So I have the console (in yellow) and the NetBSD boot(in
a flickering/scrolling blue).

Anyone have any idea what I've done wrong here?

Problem #2:
I press a key on the KB and it acts as if I had
pressed ENTER. I've tried a known working KB with
the same results.

Thanks,

-Matt