Subject: Re: Serial lines & terminals & getty. PLEASE help me out!
To: Ronny Svedman <ronny@Update.UU.SE>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/29/1998 10:45:50
On Thu, Oct 29, 1998 at 12:18:22AM +0100, Ronny Svedman wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>
> > uhm, sounds like a handshake problem. Try to add "softcar" and "local" to
> > the flags on the ttyS1 line in /etc/ttys.
>
> Been there, done that, got the tshirt. no success. actually no effect
> whatsoever. i tried both sighup:ing the init process, ad rebooting (even
> coldbooted). nil.

I don't believe you. That is, I believe you did something, but I also am
pretty convinced you misunderstood something (assuming there is no bug in the
hardware device driver).

If you would cite the _exact lines_ you were using in ttys, somebody
could probably help you, or maybe (if this applies) get a hint at what
bug is in the hardware driver.

As long as you dont tell us _exactly_ what you did, this is impossible,
however.

Regards,
	-is