Subject: Re: MDM
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <jsturges@gmri.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/27/1998 14:13:59
Hmmm, I wonder if anyone with any clout has ever asked DEC/Compaq
about using the Diag tape for home use?
With some vendors warming up to hardware and/or Unix hobbyists, is it
possible they might make this tape available for little or no cost for
personal
use?  Kinda like Sun making Solaris free; you just pay for media.

This would be most helpful... I know I've got a drive or two that need a
DEC
low-level format, and I live in fear of my one good RD54 "losing" its
format
and me not being able to revive it.

-Jonathan

Ronny Svedman <ronny@Update.UU.SE> on 10/23/98 07:59:30 PM