Subject: [Q]: Booting DS5k with mop ?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Gutschner <Marc.Gutschner@Frankfurt.NetSurf.DE>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/27/1998 01:17:01
--------------CCFC76B32A485AC00FD61907

Hi,

this _may_ not be the proper list to post questions like this, but I
thought maybe there are some MOPperts (:)) around...

I have a some DECstations that I want to install Ultrix on - just to
check out how a PXG+ (maybe it's a PXG Turbo) "feels". After this
experiment they'll get NetBSD installed - of course :-). So far I've
been unsuccessful in using a "third party" CD-ROM drive as installation
device, so I came up with some rather - uhmm - weired ideas ;) I set up
a 'bootp'-entry for on of them, have set the file 'netload' from the
Installation CD as the bootfile and watched what was going on. 'netload'
does a MOP request that - for some reason - causes a 'SEGV' in the Mats
O. Johanson(IIRC) otherwise wonderful 'mopd' :( All I can tell is that
the MOP daemon gets a 'RPR' packet and dies... Is there any chance to
get this (admittedly) rather "insane" setup to work ?

MTIA for any help...
Marc
--------------CCFC76B32A485AC00FD61907

begin:vcard
n:Gutschner;Marc
tel;cell:+49-172-6903830
tel;fax:+49-6196-21604
tel;home:+49-6196-73451
tel;work:+49-6196-6092-27
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Me? Organized?
adr:;;Finkenweg 5;Sulzbach/Ts.;;65843;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:Marc.Gutschner@Frankfurt.NetSurf.DE
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Marc Gutschner