Subject: Re: Netbooting MicroVAX II with DELQA
To: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Roar_Thron=E6s?= <roart@nvg.ntnu.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/22/1998 11:46:36
On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Aaron J. Grier wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Oct 1998, Roar Thronęs wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 10 Oct 1998, Nathan S. Chantrell wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to get my uVAX-II with DELQA ethernet to netboot from my
> > > Linux box.  I've got mopd running on the linux box, however, when I go
> > > to netboot, I get this:
>
> I've sent a copy of the tcpdump to Roar...  I don't want to spam the list
> with it.

It was mop only.

> I'm using a DECStation 5000/240 running NetBSD as a boothost.  My DEQNA
> is the only one in the system, and is at CSR of 17774440, vector 120,
> which is correct according to the documentation.
>
> the SCBINT shows up sometime in the middle of the MOP transfer.
>
> it happens no matter what the mopfile.

Does it happen even with read_addr.sys?

You could try netbooting it in Ultrix.
Or use etftp to get the netbsd kernel. (All you need is a modified tftpd
from http://www.mnsi.net/~bgjenero/uVAXII_netboot/ and etftp from
http://www.mit.edu/afs/athena/system/vax_bsd43/srvd/tp/etftp.)

> My girlfriend has started to make fun of me, teasing me that I'm never
> going to get this VAX running!  Help!

When was the last time your uVAX-II ran an OS?
Do you have a working TK50? You could try to get hold of a bootable
diagnostic tape (MDM), and see if it will boot and tell you something.

-Roar Thronęs