Subject: Re: Frequent crashes with -current
To: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@nhh.no>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@nhh.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/18/1998 10:53:07
I wrote:

> Now, I've found a way to work around it:  If I don't use a partition
> for swapping, but instead only swap to a file, it's OK.

Not quite, actually.  It's more stable this way, but will eventually
crash with a "trap: trap type 2" or "panic: rensa".  Now, when my VAX
starts speaking Swedish to me, I suspect that something really evil
must be going on.  :-)

I'm still trying to build a new userland, in the hope that things will
improve once I have binaries built with the new libraries, for the 4K
page size configuration.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"