Subject: Re: Pinout of printerprot on VS3100 M38 ?
To: Jesper Frank Nemholt <jfn@dassic.com>
From: Michael Kukat <MichaelKukat@alphacom.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/12/1998 07:36:38
Hi !

> port, but I'm pretty unsure about the printerport pinout, anyone ?

Ok, that was missing in my pinout-list i made some weeks ago. (Pure laziness,
i have got the cables and adapters). But I'll try to do it the next days.

> I've probed a bit on the pins and found that if I connect pin 1 on the
> RJ-11 (pin 2 in the Vax) to signal ground, and pin 2 on the RJ-11 (pin 3
> in the Vax) to TX, I get alot of garbage on my screen when I boot the
> Vax, but I don't know if it's the right garbage just being displayed
> with the wrong codepage or it simply because I haven't used the right
> pins on the Vax.

The correct thing should look like this:

KA43-A

and so on. First line contains more info (CPU, some version numbers i think,
don't look at the output so often). And the line beinning with F...E.. is
buildig up very slow because of the system checks. (My VS3100M76 needs about
3 Minutes from Power-on until boot.)

Ok, serial (MMJ) pinout comes the next days, i'll find it out.

cu.. Michael