Subject: Pinout of printerprot on VS3100 M38 ?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jesper Frank Nemholt <jfn@dassic.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/11/1998 21:02:06
Hi!

I'm trying to connect a PC running Telix to the printerport on my
VS3100s to be able to control them, since I haven't got any monitor or
dedicated VT terminal.

I've set up Telix at 9600-N81 with VT102 as described in the hardware
info page and flipped the DIP so the printerport works as a terminal
port, but I'm pretty unsure about the printerport pinout, anyone ?

I don't have the right connector (the 6-pin MMJ thing) so I've used a
RJ-11 without the clip, but since it has only 4 pins, the outer left &
outer right pin on the Vax aren't connected as it is.

I've probed a bit on the pins and found that if I connect pin 1 on the
RJ-11 (pin 2 in the Vax) to signal ground, and pin 2 on the RJ-11 (pin 3
in the Vax) to TX, I get alot of garbage on my screen when I boot the
Vax, but I don't know if it's the right garbage just being displayed
with the wrong codepage or it simply because I haven't used the right
pins on the Vax.

l8r/Jspr
--
 Jesper Frank Nemholt      Tel   : +45 75 82 52 56
 Pilevaenget 23 2. MF      Fax   : +45 75 82 52 69

                    He who throws mud loses ground.