Subject: Re: Netbooting a Vaxstation 3500 (again)
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/07/1998 23:23:44
On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Matt Thomas wrote:

> At 10:10 PM 10/7/98 , Devin Rubia wrote:
> >Well, I've finally gotten the time to set up my linux box as a boot
> >server and I have gotten an AUI hub so I can hook the vax up to it.  I
> >have finally gotten to the moment of truth but here is what I get..

> Use XQA0 (DELQA/DEQNA), not ESA0.

Also be sure you're using the DEQNA/DELQA version of the bootloader.  And
also be aware that this bootloader doesn't work with some Q-bus based
systems.  It netboots my MicroVAX II's fine, but not my 3600.  Other
people have had success with it though, and the last I recall was that the
bootloader disagreed with certain versions of system ROMs (?).

Anyway, YMMV.

-brian.
---