Subject: Re: Processor power limit for lusers under NetBSD1.3.2 ??
To: Ronny Svedman <ronny@update.uu.se>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@crue.jdwarren.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/05/1998 21:20:09
you have a process time limit, this is why this is happening. When a process
exceeds its limit, the kernel is sending it signal 24 for which the default
action is to terminate. You can catch it and exit gracefully  but generally
if you get an XCPU it means that if you dont get out of the way soon youll
be more explicitly killed (with a KILL). You can disable the time limit
if you wish.
You can see the limits with ulimit.

However, because lower down you mention only 20 megs of swap,
you _might_ want to verify the above with a simple cpu hog program that
catches signal 24 to see if this really is whats happening. If the system
is nit XCPU'ing them, then somethign else might be wrong.

hope it might be of help
gregg