Subject: Re: NetBooting and KELSI
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: James Robinson <jrobinson@interairwireless.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/05/1998 16:29:13
----Original Message-----
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
To: James Robinson <jrobinson@interairwireless.com>
Cc: port-vax@netbsd.org <port-vax@netbsd.org>
Date: Monday, October 05, 1998 2:46 PM

>KELSI-BB? I have never heard about a card called that. If its name is
>KLESI-B then it is a TMSCP tape controller for TU81. The TK50/Ethernet
>is usually called DEBNK or something.

My error, I have both cards but not in frount of me ;-)

>Back to your question: A 8200 cannot netboot at all. It can in fact only
>boot from KDB50 or the console RX50's. To boot from any other device
>a boot program must be located on the RX50 that takes care of it.

Last time I check the FAQ it said that the console RX50 was NOT supported
yet.
has this changed?

>And; there is no support for the DEBNT/A/K Ethernet controllers yet, due
>to lack of hardware docs.

 What type of docs are you looking for, I have the docs for the DEBNT. They
are the $90 ones from DEC. They talk about the internals of the card and
such....

Jim