Subject: Re: NetBooting and KELSI
To: James Robinson <jrobinson@interairwireless.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/05/1998 20:37:02
> Hi group,
> Question for the Mop experts..... Can I NetBoot My 8200 via my KELSI-BB?
> This is a TK50/Ethernet BI controller. In the FAQ, It said that the KDB-50
> controller is only BI buss card supported. I didn't know if this has
> changed.

KELSI-BB? I have never heard about a card called that. If its name is
KLESI-B then it is a TMSCP tape controller for TU81. The TK50/Ethernet
is usually called DEBNK or something.
Back to your question: A 8200 cannot netboot at all. It can in fact only
boot from KDB50 or the console RX50's. To boot from any other device
a boot program must be located on the RX50 that takes care of it.
And; there is no support for the DEBNT/A/K Ethernet controllers yet, due
to lack of hardware docs.

-- Ragge