Subject: Re: MicroVax II - The Basics
To: Nicholas Humfrey <njh1@st-andrews.ac.uk>
From: Andrew Back <andrew.back@seacontainers.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/01/1998 09:51:33
Nicholas,

Not sure about your hardware questions, never had a uVAX II, don't have the
room or the need for extra heating. As for a UK source for DEC bits and
pieces you could try Prodec, http://www.prodec.co.uk , they are pretty
reasonable and can get most VAX/Alpha stuff. A company called Greenweld,
http://www.greenweld.co.uk have some uVAX II's for 50quid a time too, I
believe these have memory, HD etc. You might also want to try a company
called Swan Computer Brokers, don't have the details but they usually
advertise in DEC Computing (published by VNU?). Swan would probably be a
good source for ye olde uVAX II bits.

Hope this helps.

Andrew