Subject: Re: PPP fun continues: more questions
To: Sheila //or// Bob (depends on who's writing) <shsrms@erols.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/28/1998 20:44:08
On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Sheila //or// Bob (depends on who's writing) wrote:

> I am still working this PPP challenge.
> I have picked up Kermit (CKU) and compiled it.  I used the bsd switch.
> Is this the right compile switch?

If you got it though compile and link, and it starts on you, it is most
likely correct. :-)

Ok, a few basic things then, to make sure we're not missing the really
obvious...

Things ought to look like this:

Trantor:/home/bqt> ls -l /dev/ttyS0
crw-------  1 root  wheel  34, 0 May 12 23:15 /dev/ttyS0

More over, I assume that your DHV-11 is found when you boot up (you can
see a report at boot time, showing the CSR and vector for the card, along
with some mumbo-jumbo).

Next. Tell kermit to not use csr/dsr, rts/cts, or any other funny stuff.
Set speed, and then connect. It hsould work, and if it hangs, I'm not
currently smart enough to figure out what you are doiung wrong. I even got
Ronny Svedman to get it working. :-)

I can send you a precompiled kermit, if you think that would help (though
I kindof doubt it...)

Oh, and I hope there isn't anything else during boot that claims to use
the same vector.

	Johnny