Subject: PPP fun continues: more questions
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Sheila //or// Bob (depends on who's writing) <shsrms@erols.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/26/1998 20:02:19
I am still working this PPP challenge.
I have picked up Kermit (CKU) and compiled it.  I used the bsd switch.
Is this the right compile switch?

What i get as a result is a working wermit, at least from the user
interface, I am able to set features and do show commands.

When I set line /dev/ttyS0 it seems to hang. For longer than my patience
can tolerate.  My config is ka630, 16mb, NetBSD 1.3.2, DHV11 and the
usual tape, disks, console, ether.  System works fine, just seems to
hang with no response as it tries to connect to the line.

I am accessing it via ether - multiple sessions from my pc using ncsa
telnet (do you detect the aversion to microsoft) so I can see what the
system is doing in one window as I tell it what to do in another.

Any hints or zaps appreciated!
bob

--
real address is shsrms at erols dot com