Subject: Re: rd54 on rqdx3
To: None <emu@ecubics.com, ronny@Update.UU.SE>
From: Carl Lowenstein <cdl@mpl.ucsd.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/24/1998 15:54:42
> From: "emanuel stiebler" <emu@ecubics.com>
> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:29:01 -0600
>
> ----------
> > From: Ronny Svedman <ronny@Update.UU.SE>
> > To: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
> > Cc: port-vax@netbsd.org
> > Subject: Re: rd54 on rqdx3
> > Date: Thursday, September 24, 1998 2:57 PM
>
> > On the ba23 (narrow tower model) the butons are located near the
> > powerswitch, marked "ready" and "write prot.".
>
> This one i have ;-))
>
> the LED marked ready is green "on".
> trying something like "b dua0" the light on the Disk is on for probably .5
> sec goes off,
> and the message "device offline" appears.

I suspect that this means that the disk isn't going around.  This may
be difficult to detect audibly because of all the other noises that
microVAX boxes make.

The blink of the light would happen when the drive electronics receives a
command from the controller.  After that nothing happens and the controller
decides that the drive really isn't there.

    carl

        carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
        {decvax|ucbvax} !ucsd!mpl!cdl                 cdl@mpl.ucsd.edu
                                                  clowenstein@ucsd.edu