Subject: Re: VS 3100 M76
To: Michael Kukat <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/22/1998 15:05:50
Hi Michael,

----------
> From: Michael Kukat <MichaelKukat@alphacom.de>
> To: port-vax@netbsd.org
> Subject: VS 3100 M76
> Date: Tuesday, September 22, 1998 1:27 PM
>
> Hi !
>
> Ok, i finally got my VS 3100 M76 booting from my Linux server. I tried
> some things the last days and encountered some problems:

congratulations ;-))

> While booting, i *sometimes* get memory errors.

Me too. But only very irregular. only during boot. (have only 16 MB)

> problem of the 1.3.2-kernel not supporting the M76 yet or maybe my Box
> has a memory bug ?

Don't think so. My box runs fine after the "memory error"

> While working i sometimes get "le0: device timeout" messages.

You are running 1.3.2, not current ?

> I would try more, but the box doesn't run stable enough to compile the
> kernel. (And: have you ever compiled the kernel with a
> complete-nfs-mounted root ? might take very long i think).

Sure. All my vax boxes are running diskless. And never had problems, it
only takes time. But at the moment, current is broken. I got no compile for
2 weeks :-((

> Should it be for now... must boot my VS and play around with the sources
> :-)

happy playing ;-)

emanuel