Subject: Re: M3104
To: J.S. Havard <enigma@intop.net>
From: Sheila //or// Bob (depends on who's writing) <shsrms@erols.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/20/1998 10:17:45
J.S. Havard wrote:

> The M3104 card is the DZ-11, correct?  What is the max speed these serial
> ports can run at?
JS,
It is supposed to be a DHV - max port speed 38.4
I don't recall accurately the proper number for the DZV/DZQ which ever
logo it uses. Gunnars faq may have it under hardware.

> Here is another problem.  Why does edlabel always screw up?  Whenever I
> try to run it from the netboot, it always halts the machine.  I've tried
> to keep Continuing, but it halts after each instruction, incrementing PC,
> until it eventual jumps to an instruction that apparently keeps jumping to
> itself.
It doesn't always screwup, just for you and me and a couple of others.
I have had no problem using it for install from tape on anything but an
RD53 - BUT some kind person (name escapes me at this second) share his
secret with me: he did a customer reformat on the RD53 before doing the
Edlabel!  I have never tried that.

Isn't tere another command/program once you are in Netbsd, for labelling
drives?
good luck
bob

--