Subject: Re: Getting a tty wired to a VAXstation...
To: Joop Carels <zombie@il.fontys.nl>
From: Ronny Svedman <ronny@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/20/1998 00:54:49
On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Joop Carels wrote:
> (speed, parity, databits, etc. i.e. what are the VAX's standard settings?)
9600 n81 works on my VaxStation 3100 m76. use xon/xoff.

> 2:
> How do I connect a serial tty (RS-232) to the !*&#! weird connectors at the
> back of the VAXstation 3100? (weird kind of RJ-11 phone-jack?)

the levels are right, but i dont know the pinout (i have a premade cable)

> 3:
> Which of these ports should I connect the terminal to?

the one with two arrows above it, pointing in opposite directions.

I hope this will be of help

* Ronny Svedman  	ronny@update.uu.se		*
* Sturegatan 12A :123   Lando_C, in IRCnet #australia	*
* 75314 UPPSALA         http://www.update.uu.se/~ronny	*
* Sweden    		+46-018/550404			*