Subject: Re: getting wired on rs232/dhv11
To: Ronny Svedman <ronny@Update.UU.SE>
From: Sheila //or// Bob (depends on who's writing) <shsrms@erols.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/19/1998 15:01:14
Ronny Svedman wrote:
<<snip>>
Ok!
> It sure does seem like the vax wants to use dsr/dtr detection, but
> somewhere it fails. the cable is a DEC standard, verified to work with teh
> same terminal and a decserver 200, so it really should be The Correct
> Cable (tm).
Now, if I look over the BSDPPP folder I set up, I see a ref to not using
getty to control em but pppd....I am going to back off the getty bit and
see if I hook this port 0 up to a modem using a bc05d cable (dec modem
cable) if I can get the beast to dial.
WIll let ya know!!
bob

> how can i control the ports behaviour in ths respect (a flag to getty
> perhaps? edit gettytab file? the ttys file? what else?)
>
> I do feel lost.

> * Ronny Svedman         ronny@update.uu.se              *
> * Sturegatan 12A :123   Lando_C, in IRCnet #australia   *
> * 75314 UPPSALA         http://www.update.uu.se/~ronny  *
> * Sweden                +46-018/550404                  *

real address is shsrms at erols dot com
The Herbal Gypsy and the Tinker.