Subject: UPDATE: More PPP fun! 2
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Sheila //or// Bob (depends on who's writing) <shsrms@erols.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/18/1998 22:05:27
Latest:
I have updated to 1.3.2 from the CD.
I have the DHV installed in the proper slot.  It is seen during boot.
I have the TTYS file set to enable ttyS0.  9600.std, unknown, on, in the
line.
===
NEW INFO!!!

upon boot, and login, I do a ps -ax and see  getty running for ttyS0,
ttyS1, and ttyS7.
so...getting better.
======
Old news: Now I have it running.  I went and had two Harp Lagers, went
and looked carefully at the ttys and the rc's.  I found I had commented
out the ttyS0 and ttyS7 lines.  I made sure the tty00 is off, and the
ttyS is on.
Now I have getty running on the lines I have enabled.
======

I still get nothing out of the db25 to the terminal or the modem.
SO,
I have the cable plugged into the pc board connector (originally, made
by BERG so I call them Berg connectors) with the red lead down ( so it
points to pin vv vice a like Dave McGuire suggested and like Ronny has
in his).

what am I doing wrong?  What do I have to do to get the getty running
for ttyS0?

Thanks again!
bob

--