Subject: Re: More VS2K video silliness...
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Kukat <MichaelKukat@alphacom.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/17/1998 23:32:39
>OK, I'm looking at the video pinout now.  A few questions -
>Where does the sync pulses come from in mono mode?

My measurements on my VS3100/M76 some days ago are:

They are on the video signal, like a BAS signal or the Sync-on-Green output.
(A Sync-on-green input of a DEC VR-299 works with the mono output, i tested)

>What the *&$^#*$ is mono_ret and color_ret?

Just GND i think... (ret -> returns)

>Which pins are what on the mouse and keyboard ends?

Would interest me also... :-)

>In short, can anyone tell me how to wire a plug that has a 15pin female
>at one end and plugs to go into the RGB inputs of the monitor?  I
>can probably figure out the rest..

OK, the pinout i found is:
1 - Red out
2 - GND
... GND
8 - GND
9 - Mono (Composite) out
10 - Green out
11 - Blue out
12 - GND
... GND
15 - GND

Thst's the VS3100/M76 !!! I cannot surely tell, if it's the same on a VS2K !
But the connector seems so. Just take a multimeter and check the GND pins
against the connector shield and you know it.

cu.. Michael