Subject: Re: okey, its time to get some more terminals.
To: Sheila //or// Bob (depends on who's writing) <shsrms@erols.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/17/1998 17:56:28
On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Sheila //or// Bob (depends on who's writing) wrote:

> OK Johnny!
> SOOOO It might be me or my setup!!

Sounds like it. :-)

> Now, give us the low down please:
> What mux are you using - dhu? dhq?

DHV-11.

> what ttydev (tty?? - ttyS0, tty00?)?

ttyS

> do your scripts look like the man pages?

Yes.

> Can you hookup a terminal/pc to a mux port and get a login prmpt?

Yes.

> What does your ttys file look like?

Right now I'm not allowing any logins through those lines. As someone
mentioned before, if they are enabled at boot, things didn't work that
well before. The problem seemed to be something about starting several
copies of a program simultaneously. I don't know if this still is a
problem, but since I'm using DECstations as X-terminals to the VAX, I
really don't need any more serial lines in than the console. SO I have
tried logging in on other ports yes, but I'm not currently doing that. I'm
just using the ports for printers and modems. :-)

> just to cover all the bases!!

Let me know what you want to know next. :-)

	Johnny