Subject: Ouch! I shot myself in my foot.
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Ronny Svedman <ronny@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/17/1998 12:04:12
*sigh*

Filled with eagerness i 'ripped' open my MVII, (its easy, since it's in a
ba123, just two screws and the rest is snap-on), took out the dhv11, found
two switchpacks of each 8 switches, looked at them, found that they did
not appear to be set at csr 160440 vec 300, set them at 100 100 011 000
                                                        4   4   3   0

Then i plugged the card back in , booted, and: now it doesnt find the mux
at all. Before the bootup sequence reported that it found dhu0 at 160440
vec 300, but the ports did not work. now it doesnt recognise the card at
all, and reports "device not configured" when i try to access ttyS0-7,
instead of simply hanging / crashing the shell/system. hmm. how sad. I rip
'er up again, take out the card... and it hits me like a smack on the
forehead: I didnt write down the old settings!

Arghmumblefoo!

Now i NEED to figure out how these things really work. :-/

Does anyone out there have the manuals for DHV-11 ?!?

* Ronny Svedman  	ronny@update.uu.se		*
* Sturegatan 12A :123   Lando_C, in IRCnet #australia	*
* 75314 UPPSALA         http://www.update.uu.se/~ronny	*
* Sweden    		+46-018/550404			*