Subject: Re: DEC Lan Bridge 200?
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Michael Sinatra <msinatra@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/15/1998 13:56:29
On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Rick Copeland wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I intend on using the bridge between my shop and my house!  My shop has a
> cluster of seven 3100's (NetBSD), four 3600's (NetBSD), two 2000's (NetBSD)
> and one 11/785 (Ultrix).  I am going to bridge that noisy network over to
> my office which is in my house (120 feet away) where I am using a Sparc 2
> (Slowlaris) and a Sun 3/80 running NetBSD 1.3.

The bridge should work just fine then.  NetBSD's networking should have
no problem negotiating the bridge (the bridge works at the link layer and
should be transparent to the machines). You may need some media converters
depending on the media in your house, esp. with respect to the fiber port.

mike s.