Subject: Re: DEC Lan Bridge 200?
To: None <"port-vax@netbsd.org"@vb2rmc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 15-Sep-1998 2031 +0100 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/15/1998 21:31:14
"rickgc@calweb.com" "Rick Copeland" wrote:

> I intend on using the bridge between my shop and my house!  My shop has a
> cluster of seven 3100's (NetBSD), four 3600's (NetBSD), two 2000's (NetBSD)
> and one 11/785 (Ultrix).  I am going to bridge that noisy network over to
> my office which is in my house (120 feet away) where I am using a Sparc 2
> (Slowlaris) and a Sun 3/80 running NetBSD 1.3.

You know that you need *two* of these Fibre Optic LB200s? If you have two
and you have a conveniently placed piece of fibre - fiber will work too :-) -
then off you go. You should have no problems.

IIRC the LB200 can do both Spanning Tree and the older-style DEC LB100
bridgeing topology stuff. If you have a sufficiently late ucode (V1.6 or
later?) it is also SNMP manageable. Otherwise you might need RBMS or elms

Antonio