Subject: Re: DEC Lan Bridge 200?
To: Michael Sinatra <msinatra@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
From: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/15/1998 12:14:11
Michael,

I intend on using the bridge between my shop and my house!  My shop has a
cluster of seven 3100's (NetBSD), four 3600's (NetBSD), two 2000's (NetBSD)
and one 11/785 (Ultrix).  I am going to bridge that noisy network over to
my office which is in my house (120 feet away) where I am using a Sparc 2
(Slowlaris) and a Sun 3/80 running NetBSD 1.3.

Rick Copeland

At 10:10 AM 9/15/98 -0700, Michael Sinatra wrote:
>On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Rick Copeland wrote:
>
>> Vax list,
>>
>> I have recently come into posession of a DEC Lan Bridge 200.  This unit has
>> one port that uses fiber optics and another port with AUI.  Does anyone
>> have any experience with this unit and if so could it be used with
NetBSD/VAX?

>We have a few DEC LanBridges (which I am trying to eliminate!) on our
>network, including the AUI-Fiber bridge.  They work pretty well, as
>bridges go, and can be used on any ethernet network, regardless of OS.
>
>I am not sure how you would use it with NetBSD/Vax, though.  Do you mean
>use it to bridge a cluster of Vaxes running NetBSD?  Or do you mean
>running NetBSD/Vax *on* the bridge?  If the former, it should be no
>problem; if the latter, I doubt it, and I am not sure why you would want
>to do it.
>
>Michael Sinatra
>unix admin
>college of chemistry