Subject: Help with console on VAXstation 3500
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <devin@thezone.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/12/1998 18:44:18
<smaller><smaller>I have recently acquired a VAX Station 3500 and
I am experiencing some difficulties.  My
ultimate goal is to get NetBSD on this beast but
first I need to be able to get access to the
console.  The problem is thus:

  I have hacked up a console cable to connect to
my PC and it seems to be working.  I can see the
VAX boot up into ultrix but that is about it.  I
can get a console prompt ">>>" by pressing the
halt button but beyond that I cannot get it to
accept commends.  The console is echoing
characters typed to it but does not do anything.
The only response that I can get is if I press
^C I get a new >>> prompt.

  Is there any hope?  Can I even get NetBSD to
install on this machine?  Let me know if any
more details are needed.

Thanks in advance,

Devin<bigger><bigger>

<nofill>