Subject: Booting 1.3.2 on a uVAX 3300
To: 'port-vax@netbsd.org' <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/07/1998 21:22:19
I'm trying to install (using 1.3.2 install files) on a MicroVAX 3300
from tape. When I boot the kernel on the miniroot it halts almost
immediately:

NetBSD 1.3.2 (GENERIC) #0: Sat May 30 12:55:49 CEST 1998

ragge@subzero:/mnt/users/ragge/1.3/usr/src/sys/arch/vax/compile/GENERIC

realmem = 20884480
avail mem = 16261120
Using 1019 buffers containing 1043456 bytes of memory.
backplane0 (root)
cpu0 at backplane0: MicroVAX 3300/3400
cpu0: CVAX microcode rev 4 Firmware rev 83

?06 HLT INST
        PC = 800A9CE6

I've tried booting twice with the same result. Bad tape? Any other
suspects? The machine runs VMS just fine.

Ragge, is subzero down? I wanted to get the latest kernel and boot prog
but no response...

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2