Subject: Re: Vax PPP help request.
To: None <shsrms@erols.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/07/1998 20:02:15

> My new question is this:
> Should I use tty00 (or equiv) as my ppp device or should I use ttyS0 (or
> equiv)?

Hint: man dhu

DHU(4)           NetBSD Programmer's Manual (VAX Architecture)          DHU(4)

NAME
     dhu - DHU-11/DHV-11 communications multiplexer

SYNOPSIS
     dhu0 at uba0 csr 0160440

DESCRIPTION
     A DHU-11 provides 16 communication lines.

     Normal I/O control parameters for individual lines are managed by
     ioctl(2) calls.  Individual DHU-11 lines may be configured to run at any
     of 13 speeds (50, 200 and 38400 baud are not available); the speed may be
     set via getty(8) or stty(1) or may be communicated by other programs
     which utilize ioctl such as ifconfig(8),  see tty(4).

     The DHU-11 driver normally uses input silos and delays receiver inter-
     rupts by 20 milliseconds rather than taking an interrupt on each input
     character.

FILES
     /dev/tty[S-Z][0-9a-f]

:-)