Subject: Re: Netbooting a VS3100/M30
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/05/1998 14:48:07
On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Jonas Oberg wrote:

> [VS3100/m30 with > 16MB RAM]
>
> > Eh? Those problems should be gone looong ago. What is failing, boot program
> > or kernel?
>
> Thats what I thought too. The problem is when the kernel tries to find
> its root using RARP/bootparam. If I have 20 or 24MB RAM in the 3100,
> it fails and complains about;

Try using one of the current kernels.  I don't believe that the fix for
the VS3100 lance had been incorporated in the official 1.3.2 kernel.  I
don't remember it coming until a few weeks later.

As for getting ahold of the kernel, is ftp://multivac.ludd.luth.se still
down?  I can't seem to get through to it.

-brian.
---