Subject: Netboot problems solved!!!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: J.S. Havard <enigma@intop.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/03/1998 22:08:05
Somebody just beat the crap out of me for this.  My whole problem has been
that I forgot to have the FreeBSD box's addresses in /etc/ethers.  I can't
beleive it.

I sat down, and was adding data for one of my VS3100s, and noticed I
didn't have my stuff there.  Then I looked on the vax's console, and
noticed the rarp failure when it was trying to mount the disks.  Oh I
can't beleive it.

Well, thanks all who have helped.

Regards,
John Havard

A novice was trying to fix a broken Lisp machine by turning the power
off and on.  Knight, seeing what the student was doing spoke sternly:
"You can not fix a machine by just power-cycling it with no
understanding of what is going wrong."  Knight turned the machine off
and on.  The machine worked.