Subject: netBSD on DEC KN210?!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org, port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Thompson <thompson@athenet.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/02/1998 20:10:33
Greetings!

I have a DECsystem 5400 (KN210) which on which I would like to run netBSD.
I read recently that the main holdup to a port of netBSD to this machine
is some troubleshooting needed on the DSSI disk support.

I would like to offer my machine for use in debugging the disk support.
In my varied collection of hardware and software, I have a Linux PC with
mopd on it, as well as Ultrix 4.2 boot tapes and an Infoserver 100.  (I
also hope to have a VAXstation 3100 soon).  I do not have a much/any deal
of experience with C or kernel programming.

Is there any hope to get netBSD on this machine?

I am posting this to the port-vax list as well because of the 5400
being a Qbus-mutant MIPS machine.

Paul