Subject: Drive problems
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buck_c@polygon.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/27/1998 14:14:02
So: I've got my MicroVAX 3600/GPX (:>) running well - with a Dilog SQ739 SCSI
controller. Through the controller's firmware diagnostics, I can see both
500meg drives showing up fine. I check the firmware's MSCP assignment, and it
said they were DU000 and DU001. However, when I do SHOW DEV from the >>>, it
only shows DUA0. Similarly, when I boot, the bootup info shows ra0 but not ra1.

Not suprisingly, when I disklabel -w ra1 hp2233 (my custom disktab), it says
"ra1 - device not configured". There are the usual compliment of ra1 devices in

the /dev directory.

Any ideas? I really need this second (and eventually, third) drive.

--
J. Buck Caldwell

               Engineer - Technical Support - Webmaster
Polygon, Inc.         email:buck_c@polygon.com   phone: (314) 432-4142
PO Box 8470            http://www.polygon.com/     fax: (314) 997-9696
St. Louis, MO 63132     ftp://ftp.polygon.com/     bbs: (314) 997-9682