Subject: Shared filesystems & VS3100 m76 netboot
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Ronny Svedman <ronny@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/23/1998 20:29:32
I want to first apologise for the number of mail i have written to this
list over the last couple of days. But i have been very busy working my
VAX:es, so i feel in a way justified, i only hope there has not been too
many FAQ or RTFM questions. Now to my problem at hand:

Setup: MicrovaxII, 9meg ram, one rd54 containing running netbsd1.3.2 (ra0a
root, ra0e /usr), two rd53, currently empty with filesystems at ra1a=3Dwhol=
disk, mounted as /mnt, and ra2c, mounted as /mnt/usr.

the reason for using ra1a and not ra1c, was that i intended to boot
-current from it. Now i have changed this plan to using /mnt and /mnt/usr
for root and /usr for my VaxStation 3100 m/76 SPX. now i have a few
questions: =20

Where can i get a NFS mounting tutorial (or something like it)=20

What files/parts of teh distribution do i need to have separately for the
VS3100 and what can it share with the MVII? I am thinking of making
softlinks for as much as possible from /mnt and /mnt/usr to the Microvax:s
files. (is this thinking in the correct direction?)

Does 1.3.2 support the 3100 m/76 at all, or do I have to get a -current
installation? I have got myself a Vt320 with cable for the Vaxstation, so
I'll not be using the graphic console anyway..=20

/Ronny (knowing a little less than needed, but enough to be dangerous)

* Ronny Svedman  =09ronny@update.uu.se=09=09*
* Sturegatan 12A :123   Lando_C, in IRCnet #australia=09*
* 75314 UPPSALA         http://www.update.uu.se/~ronny=09*
* Sweden    =09=09+46-018/550404=09=09=09*
*=09=09=09=09=09=09=09*

"How long is a powercord?  -Usually 1% too short! "

- Ture P=E5lsson