Subject: Re: Finally netbooted uVax-II, sort of
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: J.S. Havard <enigma@intop.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/23/1998 12:43:15
J.S. Havard wrote:

> I finally got it to work using the MOP boot that uses bootp instead of
> bootparams.  It actually does it all faster.  However, I have a
> problem.  The kernel stops after:
>
> mscpbus0: DMA burst size set to 4

Well, I took the disk controller out, now it gets to this thing that
goes like this

boot device: <unknown>
root device: qe0	<-- I type qe0
dump device: 		<-- I type nothing, pressed enter
file system (default generic): 	<- type nothing, pressed enter

then, I get:

nfs_boot: trying RARP (and RPC/bootparam)
nfs_boot: client_addr=0xa104801
nfs_boot: timeout...
nfs_boot: timeout...
nfs_boot: timeout...
nfs_boot: bootparam whoami, error=60
no file system for qe0
cannot mount root, err = 79
root device (default qe0):

Well, there it is.  I can get that far.  I think the problem is a RARP
or bootparam problem on the FreeBSD box.

Regards,
John Havard

--
This message was sponsored in part by John Havard.  Copywrong (c)