Subject: Re: Fun facts:
To: <>
From: Christer Olsson <cox@clavicula.mednet.gu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/23/1998 18:35:45
On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, Ronny Svedman wrote:

> NFS mounting a MicroVAX II with DELQA is actually FASTER than using local
> RD53/54 disks, atleast when it comes to pure throughput.=20
>=20
> under netbsd1.3.2:
>=20
> FTP to a machine in the same network: 180 Kbyte/sec
> cp from one RD53 to another, according to systat: 105Kbyte/sec
>=20
> the machine was unloaded (load ~ 1.1) during both tests.
>=20
> Conclusions/comments ?

I've also found that several years ago. MFM-drives are SLOW! I think=20
they=B4re running on interleave 3:1 or so.=20

With a dilog SCSI-card and an old 1 Gb seagate SCSI-drive, the=20
performance raises to three times the speed with RD54. So the machine is=20
fast enough to use the speed of SCSI-drives.. ;)