Subject: new, improved(?) deqna/delqa netboot available
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Roar_Thron=E6s?= <roart@nvg.ntnu.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/21/1998 16:38:26
Hi

I have done some improvements on the DEQNA/DELQA netboot driver.

I have managed to boot two VAXen (KA650) I could not previously boot.
Speed might be a different matter.

Booting KA630 with DEQNA takes around 1 minute.
Booting KA650 with DEQNA takes 3 minutes and up (does not always work).
Booting KA650 with DELQA takes 15-25 seconds.

Some timing etc obviously need to be improved.

The new boot.mopformat is now available at
ftp.nvg.ntnu.no:/pub/NetBSD/DEQNA/v1.2

Due to some stack problems, the boot.mopformat uses bootp instead of
bootparams (the kernel will still use bootparams), so all the networking
data have to be put into /etc/bootptab.

I'd like to hear from people who previously have had problems netbooting.

-Roar