Subject: Re: NetBooting
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buck_c@polygon.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/20/1998 09:52:19
Well, I tried it last night with my KA650. I (believe I ) have got the netboot
master set up correctly, although a ps doesn't show mopd. If I run mopd -fda,
it exits immediately. If I run mopd -da, it says it's not running as a daemon,
but drops me right back into csh. Then again, I'm not sure of the date on the
binaries - I may throw 1.3.2 on top of them later tonight.

Anyway - I b/100 xqa0, tell it MOPBOOT, (also tried setting up the
etheradd.SYS) and it repeats ever minute or so "Retrying network bootstrap". Is

this typical? I suppose I can throw a II boardset into the machine long enough
to install... my whole problem is that my TK50 died (after writing bootblocks),

and I need to throw system onto the drive.

One other note - I assume it's ok to unzip the miniroot.tar.gz into the
/export/blacklight/root, and use that to install, right? Not a lot of free
space on the bootserver.

--
J. Buck Caldwell

               Engineer - Technical Support - Webmaster
Polygon, Inc.         email:buck_c@polygon.com   phone: (314) 432-4142
PO Box 8470            http://www.polygon.com/     fax: (314) 997-9696
St. Louis, MO 63132     ftp://ftp.polygon.com/     bbs: (314) 997-9682